Sep 29, 2017
Christopher Timmermann is the cognitive
neuroscientist leading a project at Imperial College London
focusing on the effects of DMT in the brain and human
consciousness. He is interested in the use of methods bridging the
relationship between the phenomenology evoked by the psychedelic
experience and changes in brain activity using diverse neuroimaging
We have him on the show to ask him some nerdy questions about
his research on DMT, psychedelic research in general, and the
relationship between neural activity and Altered Consciousness.
Please Support The Show
- What is DMT and why Chris is researching it.
- The most common and baffling reports on the DMT
- The value of psychedelic research for understanding
consciousness and the brain
- The research that has been done on DMT in the brain. What do we
know already and what's next?
- The relationship between psychedelics and the 'default mode
network' and its impact on our sense of self.
- Using light/sound frequencies and brain entrainment to produce
- Does DMT have an inherent positive effect on the brain? Could
it become a clinical medicine?
- All about that machine that provides a continuous DMT infusion,
keeping a person under for 20mins or more.
- Is there DMT naturally occurring in our bodies and, if so, what
is its role?
- The neural relationship between brain function, psychedelics,
death and consciousness in general.
- Psychedelic therapy is coming; what impact people regularly
experience DMT or psilocybin have on society?
See Full Show Notes: http://bit.ly/ATTMind56