Jun 22, 2018
If we want to build a better world, one that is free of the
power complexes that subjugate others, it behoves us to address the
root of those power complexes. In particular regards to the
patriarchy, if we fail to see both the function and the
origins of the patriarchy system in the psyche of man, we worsen it
at best and, at worst, become power-obsessed oppressors
The deep wounding of men by way of a toxic society is at the
root of this interview with James Hollis PhD.,
whose ideas gave me stability in myself as I came to grapple with
the pain, shame, and "quiet desperation" I have been carrying in my
own life as a man.
FULL EPISODE BREAKDOWN BELOW
For my blog entry on this episode, relevant links, or to
watch this interview on video, head to http://bit.ly/ATTMin75
Support The Show
Buy Some Blotter Art! (yes, it's legal. No Drugs)
One Time Donation...
Buy Copies Of My Books on Psilocybin Psychology
*** Special thanks to patrons Thomas & Melanie
H., Clean S., Greg A., Dean H., Joe A., Jesus R., Andy D., Angela
& James J., Ian C., Reese. H., Harry P., Don J.,
Robbie G., & Yvette C.
- The impact of society’s social conditioning of man - isolation,
anger, anxiety, etc.
- Oppressive behaviour does not remove oppression
- How Dr Hollis came to write ‘Under Saturn’s Shadow’
- The secrets men are expected to carry that lock them away from
vulnerability, and profound impact of fear on a man’s life
- How deep insecurity and fear dictate the creation of domination
behaviour and the power complex
- A foundation in Jungian psychoanalysis, the Archetypes, and how
emotional repression impact the sense of self, perception of
reality, and behaviour
- A description of the patriarchy and its damaging role and
impact on men
- The Mother, the mother complex, and the role of the father
- What does it mean to become a man, and who is teaching it to
- Rites of passage and initiation - how boys become men, and why
many adult males are still boys
- A lacking sense of meaning in the lived life prescribed by the
- Making Meaning and finding out who you really are
- Empowerment vs power complex
- What are your ultimate tasks in life?
- How the social role conditioning of men prevents connection to
- So…. what about Jordan Peterson?
- The potentials of psychedelic therapy in the context of Jungian
- An actionable, pragmatic piece of advice for relating to men
(no matter who you are)