Aug 17, 2018
Everyone is a shaman.
That is a bold statement and is not without nuanced caveat and discretion. However, is is the claim of our guest for this episode of Adventures Through The Mind.
Matthew J. Pallamary is a filmmaker and a highly accomplished, multi-award-winning author of 13 books, ranging from historical novels, personal memoirs, and even a non-fiction book on the art and practice of writing itself. His work is highly psychedelic and emergence for his multi-decade experience in Shamanism practices and the psychedelic subculture, on which he extensively lectures.
He is on the show to share what he has learned from his decades participating in shamanism and shamanic practices, especially in the modern context of charlatans, appropriation, and rampant abuse of power.
FULL EPISODE BREAKDOWN BELOW
THIS EPISODE WAS SPONSORED BY THE SPIRIT PLANT MEDICINE CONFERENCE, NOV. 2-4TH VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA.
Check them out here: https://lt352.isrefer.com/go/SPMC/jameswjesso/
*** For all relevant links, or to watch the video of this
interview, head to http://bit.ly/ATTMind79
Support The Show
😇 👍 😍
Buy Some Blotter Art! (yes, it's legal. No Drugs)
Become a Patron on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jameswjesso
One Time Donation...
Buy Copies Of My Books on Psilocybin Psychology
*** Special thanks to patrons Thomas & Melanie H., Clean S.,
Greg A., Joe A., Andy D., Angela & James J., Ian C., Reese. H.,
Harry P., Don J., Robbie G., Yvette C., & Neeraj D.
- Everybody’s a shaman
- Shamanic history and oral storytelling
- Charlatan shamans and earning your keep
- Pallamary’s journey from huffing glue to leading ayahuasca ceremonies
- Who determines nationhood? Earning your keep as a medicine person.
- The psychedelic is NOT easy - how deep shadow-work goes
- “I’m a cast of 1000s” - integrating sub-personalities with ayahuasca
- Shamanism is the mastery of energy
- The energetic role of the shaman in ayahuasca ceremony
- Truth and Integrity - finding for genuine shaman practitioners
- Reaching for the absolute - becoming whole